If you are a member of SC AHEC this course is free with an enrollment key which you may obtain from the AHEC contact person within your organization.
If you are purchasing this course the cost is $40.00.
This course is designed to provide the nurse with an overview of medication administration of oral, eye, ear, topical, inhaled, parenteral and intravenous medication administration.
After completing this activity, the participant will be able to:
- verbalize what nurses need to know to safely administer medications.
- list the 6 rights of medication administration.
- list the 3 times to check a medication when administering.
- verbalize how to properly administer oral medications.
- verbalize how to properly administer topical medications.
- verbalize how to properly administer parenteral medications.
- verbalize how to properly administer intravenous medications.
Length of Course
Licensed Nurses: Upstate AHEC is an accredited provider of Nursing Professional Development by the American Nurses Credentialing Centers Commission on Accreditation.
Upon successful completion of this program, participants will receive 1.50 contact hours.
Other: This educational offering provides 0.15 CEUs (1.5 clock hour) by Upstate AHEC and meets SC AHEC Best Practice Standards.
Upstate AHEC's conflict of interest policy requires faculty to disclose any real or apparent commercial financial affiliations related to the content of their presentations/materials.
Speakers have signed a vested interest form declaring no conflict of interest in education activities. Please see individual activities for any conflicts of interest.
Provisions of these educational activities by Upstate AHEC does not imply endorsement by Upstate AHEC, SCNA or ANCC of any commercial products displayed in conjunction with activities.