Special Considerations in Pregnancy
If you are a member of SC AHEC this course is free with an enrollment key which you may obtain from the AHEC contact person within your organization.
If you are purchasing this course the cost is $50.00 payable through PayPal when you enroll.
Course Description: At the completion of this activity, participants will be able to discuss pregnancy loss, infertility, age and pregnancy, pre-gestational medical disorders and pregnancy, obesity and pregnancy, intimate partner violence and pregnancy, tattoos and piercings and pregnancy and hypertensive disorders and pregnancy.
Instructor: Debby Mills MS, CNS, RNC-OB
Target Audience: Licensed Nurses and other interested healthcare workers
Learning Outcomes: After completing this activity, the participant will be able to:
1. Discuss the implications for caring for patients who have experienced pregnancy loss.
2. Identify the challenges of achieving successful pregnancy for couples experiencing infertility.
3. Identify pre-gestational medical conditions that will increase their patient's risk for complications in the prenatal, intrapartum and postpartum period.
4. Identify the impact of intimate partner violence on pregnancy.
5. Plan anticipatory guidance to pregnant patients regarding tattoos and piercings in pregnancy.
6. Identify women whose age impacts pregnancy outcomes.
7. Apply the knowledge about hypertension in pregnancy to the care of the patient.
Length of Course: 120 minutes
Licensed Nurses: Upstate AHEC is an accredited provider of Nursing Professional Development by the American Nurses Credentialing Centers Commission on Accreditation.
Upon successful completion of this program, participants will receive 2.0 contact hours.
Other: This educational offering provides 0.20 CEUs (2.0 clock hour) by Upstate AHEC and meets SC AHEC Best Practice Standards.
Disclosure Statement: Upstate AHEC’s conflict of interest policy requires speaker(s), the planning committee members, and all others in a position to control this activity of this program to disclose any real or apparent commercial financial affiliations related to the content of this presentation or materials.
The speaker(s), the planning committee members, and all others in a position to control this activity have signed a vested interest form declaring no conflict of interest in this activity.
Provision of this education activity by Upstate AHEC does not imply endorsement by Upstate AHEC or ANCC of any commercial products displayed in conjunction with this activity.
Credit Requirements: To receive CE credit for completing this online course you must complete 100% of the material, receive at least 80% passing grade on post-test and complete the evaluation.
Once you pass the post-test and complete the evaluation you will be able to print a certificate for verification of credit.
The process for enrolling in AHECU courses has changed. Please go to www.upstateahec.org and click the blue AHECU/Distance Education block to register for online courses. There is a tutorial on the web site if you need assistance with the registration process.