If you are a member of SC AHEC this course is free with an enrollment key which you may obtain from the AHEC contact person within your organization.
If you are purchasing this course the cost is $40.00.
This course will provide participants with information on infection control and the basic information on how to decontaminate instruments.
Rebecca Langston, CBSPDT, CSIS, CRMST
Nurses and all Clinical Staff who work with sterilization and decontamination of instruments
After completing this activity, the participant will be able to:
- Discuss theÂ prep area including PPE, room layout, the significance of temperature and humidity.
- Discuss the materials including chemical indicators, tape, tip protectors, peel pouches and sterile wrap.
- Demonstrate the appropriate assembling of a one-time use packaging.
- Define sterilization, the importance of sterilization, and the use of various types of sterilization.
- Describe the storage area, environmental parameters, maintenance of sterility, and the environment of care.
Length of Course
Licensed Nurses: Upstate AHEC is an accredited provider of Nursing Professional Development by the American Nurses Credentialing Centers Commission on Accreditation.
Upon successful completion of this program, participants will receive 1.5 contact hours.
This educational offering provides 0.15 CEUs (1.5 clock hour) by Upstate AHEC and meets SC AHEC Best Practice Standards.
Upstate AHEC's conflict of interest policy requires faculty to disclose any real or apparent commercial financial affiliations related to the content of their presentations/materials.
Speakers have signed a vested interest form declaring no conflict of interest in education activities. Please see individual activities for any conflicts of interest.
Provisions of these educational activities by Upstate AHEC does not imply endorsement by Upstate AHEC, SCNA or ANCC of any commercial products displayed in conjunction with activities.